My blog is a year old, and it seems like a good time to reflect and discuss a course for the future.
I’ve met a lot of blog goals in the past year.
- Twenty-four tales posted and available in my Short Story section,
- Over fifty articles of advice in my writing blog section–stuff I really wish I’d known when I started writing,
- Three actual books for sale *happy dance*
- Eight books reviewed,
- Thirty-seven authors interviewed,
- Along with other articles on social media and daily life reflections.
It’s had 11, 530 views. Okay, Huffington Post isn’t eyeing me as possible competition, but I’m happy about it, and I want to thank you all for each one.
And now I’m thinking about where it’s going to go.
I want it to be mostly about my stories and books. I’ll still write the occasional writing blog, and I have no desire to give up author interviews, although I’m thinking of scaling back the latter to two a month instead of three.
- Post three stories a month, plus
- one or two reflections,
- a book review,
- one or two author interviews,
- and one or two articles on writing, social media, or publishing,
- plus the obvious flurry whenever I release something.
Apart from releases, that would give me a comfortable two posts a week.
Does that sound like something that would interest you? I’d love to hear your comments. And thanks again for reading! 🙂